In the days when you both had just met and began dating, flirting came like second nature to you. Almost every bat of your eyelashes, tilt of your head, twirl of your hair and every word you uttered was some form of flirtation.
Flirting was the language of the day whether the intention was out of sheer playfulness or you were just being subtly seductive. And what an effective language it was!
As time went by, the flirting ways slowly simmered. It’s possible that you felt confident in your “catch” or maybe you simply thought you would move beyond the playful beginnings into a more serious and mature relationship.
Just because you’re now married doesn’t mean you have to give up all playfulness and fun. You may have caught the prize but that doesn’t mean you don’t need to work a little bit to keep his attention and interest.
Flirting , whether subtle or not-so-subtle reminds your husband that you are still interested and it makes him feel more desired by you as well as it reminds you just how much fun being in a relationship can be. The more marriage feels like fun, the less it will feel like work.
It may have been a while since you’ve flirted with your husband. Here are a few reminders about old tricks and perhaps even a few new tricks, that will drive him wild with or without words.
(1) Play footsie with him! This may sound a bit silly but it can really get his engine going. Bonus points if you do it at dinner while other adults are sharing the table.
(2) Send him sexy text messages while he’s at work. There’s nothing that will have him raring to go when he gets home faster than little teasers throughout the day of what he can expect when he gets home.
(3) Smack his bottom. It worked for Austin Powers! More importantly, it tells him that you’re still noticing.
(4) Leave naughty little notes in his lunch box. It will perk up his day and let him know that you’re thinking about him.
(5) Dress to impress on your next date night. You know what he likes so give it to him. It doesn’t cost a thing and it lets him know you still think he’s worth impressing.
(6) Touch him. Even non-sexual touching is a big turn on for guys. Remember when you just started dating? You would use any excuse just to touch him, whether it was just touching his arm, holding hands or laying your head on his shoulders.
Over time things cooled down a bit and touching became almost non-existent. Make it fun and flirty all over again.
(7) Tell him what you want – what you really, really want. Do this in a place where he’ll have to wait to give it to you. It will be on his mind the entire time and the anticipation will light real fireworks when you’re finally able to make good on that whispered promise.
Flirting might be a lost art, but you can revive it into your marriage. This may be the cure if you’re going through a bit of a dry spell.
At the very least, it will return an old dynamic to your relationship that may yield surprising results.